Shaderlight v2.2 introduces Cloud Rendering
What is it?Shaderlight is the first and only SketchUp rendering plug-in to harness the power of cloud computing to deliver high-resolution images and animations direct to desktops.
Who is it for?Developed as a natural extension to a user’s existing workflow, Shaderlight Cloud Rendering is accessible by anyone using Google SketchUp and Shaderlight.
What are the key benefits?
Shaderlight Cloud Rendering utilises high-powered 64-core machines to render scenes up to 5x faster and animations up to 30x faster than is possible on desktop machines. This added power enables users to meet tight client deadlines and animations can be rendered in hours not days.
It gives users the freedom to render high resolution, photorealistic visualisations direct from SketchUp without tying up desktops, enabling users to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver more work - without any loss of quality.
Shaderlight Cloud Rendering offers a realistic, low cost alternative to rendering in-house and removes the need to invest in costly hardware. With prices starting from under $10, it has a visible pricing structure that gives users the cost upfront prior to the job starting.
How does it work?Five simple steps:
- Click on Shaderlight Cloud in the Shaderlight toolbar
- Specify the scenes to be rendered and resolution required
- User reviews and accepts price quote
- Render is delivered at highest quality setting with a single click
- Shaderlight emails completion notification to user
What does it cost?Renders are paid with Credits.
1 Credit = $9.99
1 Credit = 1 Scene up to 1920 x 1080p Or
1 Credit = 1s (15 Frames) of animation up to 480p
1s (15 frames) of 720p animation = 2 credits
1s (15 frames) of 1080p animation = 5 credits
Max Shaderlight Scene (16k x 16k) = 20 credits
- Credits are non fractional. A render may cost one credit or 2 credits but not 1.7 or 2.1 etc
- One credit gets you 15 frames of an animation up to 480p
- The credit pack quantities and prices can be adjusted to suit requirements
- Credits are non-transferable and can only be used for purchasing renders.