Flamingo nXt v5 available
Design8 bv is excited to announce a new major release of Flamingo, Flamingo nXt v5. The newest version of this render application integrates with all Rhino 5's rendering tools, including texture mapping, custom meshing, decals, and materials interface. This version runs in Rhino 5 64-bit Windows only. Flamingo nXt v5 is a free upgrade for existing Flamingo nXt owners.
New featuresFlamingo nXt offers users the following new features and improvements:
- Integrate Flamingo with the Rhino rendering framework (RDK)
- Better real-time simulation in the viewport (Rendered view)
- Drag & Drop materials integrated with Rhino
- Supports Rhino mesh modifiers:
- Curve Piping
- Render Displacement
- Edge Softening
- Shut Lining
- Removed duplicate interface elements between Flamingo and Rhino:
- Use the built-in Rhino texture mapping tools
- Direct integration with native Rhino material libraries
- Familiar Flamingo material editor panels within the Rhino material editor
- Supports multiple environments
- New "Hybrid" render engine combines features of both the existing default and pathtracer engines. Previously the rendering artifacts left by the default renderer were severe shadows and effects early in a rendering. The Pathtracer was slower, but had fewer artifacts. The new Hybrid engine tries to strike a compromise between these two.
- FlamingoRT - an experimental, modeless render preview window. The RT window is constantly rendering as the model updates. Works in a low priority worker thread and updates when the referenced view is idle.
Demo downloadClick here to the Flamingo nXt download section and download a free demo of Flamingo nXt v5. Flamingo nXt v5 only works with Rhino 5 64-bit.
UpgradingIf you are using version 1 or 2 of Flamingo, upgrading is very simple. Place your order in our webshop and you will be up-to-date as soon as possible! If you are using Flamingo nXt currently, please contact us for obtaining your free upgrade.
New licenseFlamingo nXt can simply be ordered through our webshop. Click here for all other Flamingo nXt prices, including attractive bundle prices if you are new to Rhino and Flamingo!