The Latest version of SketchUp Pro is:
|Version 17.1.173 (December 2016)
Version 17.1.174 (December 2016)
The regular Upgrade-procedure has been replaced by a Maintenance system. You can now buy Maintenance for your non-current SketchUp Pro version, and you will automatically receive the latest version of SketchUp Pro and all upgrades, updates and support on installation/authorization during the period of Maintenance of your choice (1, 2 or 3 years).
Maintenance for SketchUp Pro is only € 115,- (excl. VAT) per year for stand alone licenses, and € 190,- (excl. VAT) per year for network licenses.
Read all about Maintenance here.
Note: Maintenance for networked licenses can only be purchased for the entire license. So if you have for example a networked license containing 4 seats, you can only buy Maintenance for 4 licenses, not less. It is not possible to upgrade only part of this license, for example only 2 seats.
Upgrade from older version / Late renewal
As from June 15, 2014, a Reinstatement Fee will be added to the Maintenance cost per license if you upgrade from an older vesion of SketchUp Pro. Also, if you renew your Maintenance after your Maintenance expires, the Reinstatement Fee is added. At this moment Reinstatement Fee is € 55,- excl. VAT. The prices for Maintenance are € 170,- (excl. VAT) for stand alone licenses, and € 245,- (excl. VAT) for network licenses then.
Read more about Reinstatement Fee here.
Contact your local dealer to buy Maintenance and get your upgrade, or contact us.
Attention! The upgrade / renewal policy for SketchUp Pro changes per January 25, 2017!
Users of SketchUp Pro 2015 and earlier or with a Maintenance which has expired more than a year, will pay a double Reinstatement Fee. Please see our news article for more details on this policy change.
In the next overview you'll see what was new in which version.
New in SketchUp Pro 2017 (07-11-2016)
- Performance Improvements: This release contains some major improvements to the graphics pipeline, resulting in faster orbiting and drawing.
- Transparency Improvements: Transparency now renders at higher quality and faster too! SketchUp is also better at displaying multiple transparencies to provide a more realistic sense of depth across several clear faces.
- Smart Offset: No more overlapping and self-intersecting geometry, just hit 'F' for clean offsets!
- Perpendicular Face Inferencing: Hover a face and SketchUp will helpfully snap to its perpendicular.
- Righteous Rectangles: The Rectangle tools now support arrow-key axis-locking.
- High-DPI Modeling: Tuned snapping and inferencing, and smart-scaled edge weights on high definition monitors.
- Color Blindness: Customization for the colors that display SketchUp's axes and inferencing, so that people with color blindness can tweak the color schemes to make SketchUp just work for them.
- Easier Storage: Customizable storage paths for components, materials and templates.
- Extension Manager: A new utility with a one-look view of your SketchUp extensions, making it more easy to toggle on and off custom tools.
- LayOut 2017 contains the following enhancements:
- Tables: Great documents come with important information. That's why you could now add tables to LayOut: from scratch or import a .csv or Excel. LayOut references your original spreadsheet, so updating is also easy as 'Click'.
- High Fidelity DWG's: LayOut's DWG exporter has been overhauled and now offers: One DWG with seperate tabs with multipage documents; LayOut entities like dimensions, clipping mask and labels will now longer explode into raw geometry and behave as expected in AutoCAD; LayOut exports are now smart enough to self scale for paper size or model space;'Color-by-Layer' option, so all entities on a given layer may export as one color.
- Easier Selecting: Select an object in LayOut without accidentally moving it.
- Persistent ID's: Points, edges and faces now have an identifier. When making a change to a SketchUp model, any LayOut dimensions associated with the model update to reflect the edit.
New in SketchUp Pro 2016 (18-11-2015)
- Support for Mac OS X El Capitan and Windows 10.
- Trimble Connect is now integrated in SketchUp Pro. Connect is Trimble's platform for storing, syncing, referencing, sharing and collaborating on design and building projects. Trimble Connect will be accessible directly from the File menu and will give users the opportunity to upload, download and update SKP's from the project folders.
- SketchUp Pro 2016 gives the user the opportunity to reload 3D Warehouse models. Every instance used in the model will be reloaded, so it is a helpful method for working with proxy models, if you break something or collaborate through the warehouse.
- SketchUp Pro 2016 offers slicker inferencing and locking. This improvement is an entire set of smart tweaks to inferencing and locking, including off-axis inferences, expanded arrow key locking, improved arc/cicle inferencing, axes tool flexibilty and inference hidden section planes.
- SketchUp on Windows now have customizable utility trays, which means the user will be able to group dialogs under separate tabs.
- In SketchUp 2016, the material library has been refreshed with 40 new contemporary textures and entirely new categories.
- High DPI toolbar icons, cursors and graphics for a much cleaner look and better display on high-res screens.
- Extension security control system that let users control which extensions will load:
- Off: Sketchup will load any extension;
- Approve Mode: users will be prompted to load a non-certified extension;
- Secure Mode: only certified extensions will be loaded.
- Improved SketchUp C API with over 100 new classes and functions.
- LayOut 2016 contains the following improvements:
- LayOut has an improved layer system, including multi-layer groups, maintaining layers when copy/paste, a 'Move to' layer command, differentiating between shared and non-shared and layer visibility on new pages.
- Say goodbye to missing references! With this release, LayOut's reference objects are now web friendly. This means that LayOut projects can reference and update files that are stored and synced with service like Dropbox, Google Drive and Trimble Connect Sync. LayOut will notify the user when there's an update for the web reference available.
- LayOut now has small dimensions to ensure that text never interferes with arrows or lines.
- Optimized PDF export from LayOut with up to 10x smaller documents.
- With the LayOut API, developers can build extensions to automate the creation and customization of .layout files from SketchUp models.
New in SketchUp Pro 2015 (04-11-2014)
- 64-Bit: Besides an overall speed increasement, this is especially an improvement when working with complex models, exporting images and animations or using a rendering plugin.
- Friendlier licensing: licenses can now be used on a Mac or a PC. Also networked licenses has been made easier too.
- New Arc Tools: two point arcs will be displayed as a tangent arc instead of a dotted line. A three point arc allows drawing an arc by specifying 3 points. The pie-tool contains a protractor now.
- Rotated Rectangle tool: rectangles can be created in arbitrary orientations during creation.
- Face Finder: this tool, which creates faces when modelling, has been improved and will make actions like 'Explode' significantly faster and even more reliable.
- BIM-tools: IFC import is also possible now and the classifier tool has been enhanced
- Fast Styles: special badges have been added to indicate whether the Style being used will help SketchUp’s rendering performance.
- Improved Polygon tool: The polygon tool now allows the creation of both circumscribed and inscribed polygons via a modifier key (Ctrl on Windows, Option on Mac).
- Materials: delete all materials in a model with one click.
- LayOut 2015 contains the following improvements:
- 64 Bit: LayOut is also 64 bit now, enabling speed improvements when working in large documents.
- Two segmented labels: The new two segmented leader labels can easily be aligned with other labels to give drawings a polished and professional appearance.
- Autotext labels: A label can display information from the model at choice now, like a BIM classification, an attribute of a dynamic component or simply the surface of a face. Because the labels are autotext, the labels will automatically update when updating the 3D model!
- Spell Checking: The Windows version now have spell checking (only Windows 8.0 and 8.1); Mac already has this feature.
- Multiselect: perform actions one more than one layer or page by shift-selecting multiple layers or multiple pages.
- Dynamic vector model loading: Vector models will now load when the page is viewed instead of when the document is loaded. This offers a performance increase when documents are opened.
- Shared connections: Possibility to make connections between entities and autotext on shared layers.
- Infrastructure: The versions of some of the 3rd party libraries have been updated. These include the pdf exporter and the UI and text editor on Windows.
New in SketchUp Pro 2014 (27-02-2014)
- Renewed 3D Warehouse: 3D Warehouse has been rebuilt from the ground up, which makes it easier to use. All models work with a full 3D preview and contain information like files size, number of polygons and used materials.
- BIM Tools: Tag geometry with industry-standard object types (walls, slabs, roofs,etc.) and export it as an IFC file for use in other BIM applications.
- New Arc tools: Create arcs in three different ways.
- Faster Shadows: An average speed improvement of 15x when working with shadows in big, complicated models.
- LayOut 2014 also contains some big improvements:
- Faster vector rendering for reducing wait times with large models;
- Auto-text tags (e.g. 'Today's Date', 'Page Number' or 'Project Title') for more accuracy and saving hours of work;
- Smart labels with relevant information, like the surface of a face or the name of a component;
- Long-document functionality has been much improved.
New in SketchUp Pro 2013 (21-05-2013)
- Extension Warehouse: Need a special tool? You can now explore, download and install extensions without having to leave SketchUp Pro.
- Video Export: Export HD videos at 720p, encoded in popular formats like H.264 AVI and WebM.
- Smarter Toolbars (Windows): Drag tool icons between toolbars and make SketchUp look the way you want it to.
- LayOut 2013 contains more improvements, like:
- Speedier vector rendering for reducing wait times for large models;
- Zoom function has been increased by a factor of ten, from 1000% to 10000%;
- Copy array for easily creating multiple copies of objects with your keyboard;
- Pattern fills for filling shapes with hatching and other patterns;
- Slimmer arrowheads, so your documents like nicer and arrowheads have better alignement with line segments;
- Curved label leader lines for creating jauntily curved callout lines with a simple click-drag commando;
- Dashes in dimensions for better readable dimensions;
- Page Numbers in the Pages panel, which makes it easier to print and export portions of your document.
New in Sketchup Pro 8 (01-09-2010)
- Advanced Camera Tools: All SketchUp Pro users now have full access to the Advanced Camera Tools. You can use the Advanced Camera Tools to build simulations of real-world cameras (place dolly, pedestal, truck, pan, tilt and roll cameras) in your SketchUp models. The ATCs also provide you with precise controls for settings like focal length, aspect ration and image width (NEW in M2, December 2011).
- Ruby Script Management: New Ruby Extensions can now be installed from the 'Extensions' screen of SketchUp's 'Preferences (NEW in M2, December 2011).
- Solid Modeling Tools: for additive and substractive modeling with volumes.
- Improved geo-modeling: With Google Maps built right into SketchUp Pro, including more accurate 3D terrain and aerial imagery in color.
- Back Edges: Allows you to see obscured lines as dashed lines, so you will have a detailed view on the geometry of your model.
- Volumes: Volumes of any solid will now be displayed in Entity Info.
- Push/Pull preselect: Works just like all the other SketchUp tools. Just select a face and then Push/Pull without changing te view.
- Scene Thumbnails: Shows you image previews of each scene.
- LayOut 3.0: Show angular dimensions and share your work in the DWG/DXF format.
New in SketchUp Pro 7 (17-11-2008)
- Dynamic Components: Create components with parametric behaviors, like a stair which automatically adds more steps when resized, or a cabinet whose doors can open and close!
- Tabular Reports: Assign your own attributes to components and generate tabular reports from your SketchUp models!
- 2D Edges: Two lines crossing in a single plane will break into four segments at their point of intersection.
- 3D Warehouse Browser: This browser allows you to find and download models and collections right inside SketchUp Pro.
- LayOut 2.0: Export your presentation in the JPG or PNG format and work faster with complex models and large paper formats with Vector Rendering. Also new are dimensions and snaps for endpoints, cross points, etc.
- StyleBuilder 1.0: Create your own sketchy-edge style for SketchUp Pro. Not as a download, but as an official feature of SketchUp Pro.
- SpeedUp: Overhauled render engine to work more efficiently with large and complex models.
New in SketchUp Pro 6 (09-01-2007)
- LayOut: Application for presenting your SketchUp models.
- PhotoMatch: Your 3D model from a photo, placing your model in a photo or project a photo on your model.
- Styles Manager: New sketchy-edge styles and easily editable library for all your styles.
- Background images and Watermarks: Place a background behind your design or your logo as a watermark in front of it.
- Fog: Place fog in your model to create an atmosphere or depth. You have the control over the depth, tranparency, color and transation to create your own atmosphere!
- 3D text: Put in your text and drag it into 3D or use it as 2D with the contours of the text.
New in SketchUp 5 (05-2005)
- SpeedUp: SketchUp 5 is now significantly faster for many modeling operations.
- SandBox Tools: The Sandbox is a new set of tools that allow users to create terrain and other surface forms from contours or from scratch.
- Smoove, Stamp and Drape Tools: Draw a grid and pull points of it upwards to create landscapings.
- Render Away: Add depth to drawings with the new Depth Cued Edges. Change the appearance of your presented work with Endpoints, Edges Off, Transparent Maps, and improved FaceMe Shadows.
- Component Management: Organize and manage models with the Outliner, Group & Component locking, Make Unique and Replace Selected.
- Improved import and export: SketchUp has improved the friendly 3D exports and added new import formats such as DEM and 3DS.
- Snappy dialogs: Dialog boxes stick together, so you can organize your screen real estate more easily. New toolbars and icons have been added to give the interface a new look.
- Getting Started Window: When you open SketchUp 5, you'll see a Getting Started window that will lend a hand in learning the basics of SketchUp 5.
- Improved Walk Tool: Collision detection in the Walk tool.
- Transparency in images: Transparency in images will now be supported.
New in SketchUp 4 (2004)
- Follow Me Tool: Extrude a surface along a path, to create for example a profile list.
- Intersect: Let volumes intersect with each other to deduct them from each other.
- Texture Tweaking: Scale, rotate, stretch and move textures locally.
- RUBY api: By using the RUBY script you can add more functionality to SketchUp and automate certain tasks.
- FaceMe Components: 2D Components will now always face the camera.
New in SketchUp 3 (2003)
- Soften Edges: SketchUp's edges can be softened and smoothed to achieve a real-world appearance. Edges are automatically hidden when softened.
- New Snaps: The snaps now also identify the equidistant chamfer of a corner and tangents.
- Tranparent Textures: SketchUp has got tranparent textures from now on.
- Text and Annotation: Add text and annotations to your SketchUp model.
- Dimension Tool: Add dimensions to your drawings.
- Animations: Export animations from the TourGuide Pages.
New in SketchUp 2 (2002)
- Offset Tool: Use the Offset tool to create copies of lines and faces at a uniform distance from the originals. You can offset edges of faces either inside or outside of the original face.
- Section Tool: Use the Section Plane tool to create section cuts enabling you to view geometry within your model.
- Autofold: SketchUp will Autofold faces automatically when a move or stretch operation will create non-planar faces.